- All proposals of both official and private foreign trips of officers and employees below the rank of Secretary to the Government of Assam which does nto involve any expenditure to GoA may be approved by Departmental Ministers. The proposals may be placed before Departmental Ministers through Chief Secretary.
- All officers who do not submit their Annual Property Return statements (both IPR and MPR) would be denied permission for foreign visit.
- Applications should be routed through the controlling authority of the concerned officer and submittedto their respective Administrative departments at least 30 days before the proposed visit.
- Purpose of the visit must be specifically indicated.
- The mode of leave (e.g. earn leave) is to be mentioned.
- The source of fund to meet estimated travel expenditure is to be mentioned.
- Particulars of dependent family members, spouse and children, who will accompany on trip to be mentioned.
- Foreign trip without prior Govt. permission will be considered a gross misconduct and will be liable for disciplinary action.
All government employees and officers have to obtain prior Government permission before embarking on any foreign trip (private or official). Officers who haven't submitted their Annual Property Returns (both IPR and MPR) will be denied permission.
The person applying for a foreign trip must have
- DP status if any
- Vigilance Clearance
- Submission of IPR & MPR for the previous year within the stipulated time (as per OM for submission of IPR & MPR)
- Recommendation of Cadre Controlling/Higher Authority
Guidelines for filling the form:
Visitors must provide all documents while submitting the form. If filling online, all documents must be scanned and ready,
Documents Required (whichever applicable):
Filled up Application Form in Accordance with OM No.AAP.290/2012/1 dated 29th Jan, 2013, O.M. No. AAP.290/2012/3 dated 27th July, 2016
How to apply:
Applications should be routed through the controlling authority of the concerned officer and submittedto their respective Administrative departments at least 30 days before the proposed visit.
Make sure all the relevant documents are there.
Type of Service:
It is NOT an online service.
Forms to be filled:
Download Foreign Visit form
Smti. Indira Gogoi, ACS
Joint Secretary, Personnel (A) Deptt.
3rd Floor, Block –A
Dispur, Guwahati – 6